It’s nearly 4am on Monday morning and my brain is going a 1000 miles an hour. This month… this year… everything has become such a wonderful blur of busy that…
Six months ago, I didn’t know what was going to happen to me. Now, I’m happening to me.
I have been fighting a long time to garner success. Los Angeles is a city where dreams are made and often broken.
Not many people know this, but I have been battling with a lot. For an “oversharer” I don’t share quite a bit more. It’s difficult being in a spot where people are watching you.
I was on a bus in Chicago last weekend and I saw a bum babbling about. It made think even more about the paths that I’ve gone. About how far I’d come from being a little girl in pigtails living in suburbia Illinois.
“This guy is sitting here instead of a mental health facility because no one cares. Is it better for someone to care or is it better that people don’t?”
Something I’ve struggled with for a long time is this.
The change my grandfather gave me has taken another form.
I’d said at the beginning of the year that this is the time where I finally get everything I’ve dreamed of. And here it is February and it’s happening.
- I have a great job with a technology company that was rated one of the 10 best places to work in. There’s enormous growth opportunity.
- I have been doing a lot more writing- including a piece where I was fortunate enough to interview pinup artist legend Olivia De Beradinis and 1960s Batman series star Julie Newmar. Afterwards, I watched a surise in Malibu.
- My bike is fully operational and running again. However I’m buying another one in the near future… with self propelled wheels.
- I have multiple photoshoots in the works. That’s right, I’m finally working on that modeling portfolio I’ve been wanting to do for some time now. If you’re reading this and want to schedule a shoot, email me.
- I flew cross country to meet a fantasy man who has adored me from afar for 4 years. When I saw him, it felt like the opening scene in this video… and that’s not even the half it.
Life is pretty surreal right now. However with that also comes the multiple stresses that have come about due to these successes which, for once, seem to only keep coming.
For the longest time I have been fighting to get to this point in my life. Now that it’s happening, part of me is scared shitless.
In the midst of all these mind blowing events, the following has also happened- and all within the last week and a half:
- My bank card was compromised despite not leaving my purse. At this time someone made multiple charges to gas stations out of the area. While the funds have gone back into my account, I still have not gotten a replacement card over 2 weeks later. I flew cross country to Chicago with hundreds of dollars in cash in my purse on public transportation just in case of an emergency while out there.
- Going on the trip back to Chicago was mind blowing. I’m not even talking about the person I met (although he is magical as well… that’s another story in itself). I saw things about Los Angeles that made me remember why I was so hesitant to stay here. I saw things about Chicago that I didn’t get the chance to experience much whilst living a mere 45 minutes away. I felt the warm embrace of a city life I’d always dreamed of. It made me do a lot of thinking about these other worlds out there. About a city that is so warm even if it’s blustering cold outside. Of the opposite scenario. About how both of these worlds have opened my eyes to more about myself.
- An enormous potential opportunity for my writing may be in the works. While I can’t reveal exactly what, whom it would potentially be with or anything else, let’s just say it’s one of those things that is the stuff of dreams.
- I pitched something elsewhere and that was also taken with positive reception. I am so busy as it is, but yet I keep adding more to my plate.
- My sleep schedule has officially broken. When I was in Illinois, I could barely sleep. Now I’m back and I either can’t sleep much at all or I’m sleeping too much.
- Did I mention I met someone who had previously been a fantasy? Do you have any idea how life altering that is? I flew 2000 miles away to meet this man and he not only met but exceeded my expectations. Should be easy right? No. With the whole 2000 miles it commands a lot of patience. My brain is jelly and is now coping with the clash of reality and fantasy becoming one and the same. Things will happen organically if they are meant to happen. I’m stepping back and breathing. I don’t have anything to worry about so I should stop worrying. This one, is essentially the least of the things I am/should be worrying about, but alas, its on my mind because its one of the realest romances I have experienced… and it came out of a fantasy.
- My mother called to remind me about how it’s wrong to be the way that I am essentially. My whole existence to her is taken with such disdain. From the fact that I didn’t see her whilst in Chicago to her failure to see how I’m busting my ass off for things she couldn’t even begin to comprehend.
And that’s just part of it.
I’ve learned so much about me with all of these experiences.
I’m not always the greatest with things.
I may apologize for the times I falter, but this is pillar of life is strong and vibrant.
I know that it’s alright to be vulnerable.
It’s alright to break down.
Without these moments, one wouldn’t be able to sustain things atop the world.
I have aspirations to conquer the world. I have the ability within me to do it. I’ve asked for all these dreams to become realities, and now…
This is happening.
This is really happening.
I’m taking a risk by putting this out in the open. I currently have career opportunities and stability that… well I’ve never really had since my marriage dissipated years ago. I’ve wanted this. I’ve dreamed of this.
I told my biggest fan recently:
“I dreamed of you.”
and he told me “I dreamed of you too.”
Another friend of mine and I had a conversation about him before I got on that plane:
(4:16:58 AM) friend: real life dream girls like you don’t happen every day
(4:17:34 AM) me: aww
(4:17:50 AM) friend: it’s true miss
(4:18:08 AM) me: real life dream boys like him don’t happen every day either
So what the hell is my problem? I’m so much stronger and braver than I’ve been behaving over the past couple of weeks. To those that have been there with me through it all, I thank you so very much for your patience, compassion, and your unwavering confidence in me. It means the absolute world to me.
It’s 5am now. It’s time to get ready for work. Here comes a 10 hour day in a dream world. Here’s another day working towards making even more fantasies become realities. Here’s to another day of me learning more.
Fail often, succeed once.
Today I’m throwing away failure. Not only am I going to succeed this once but I’m making a commitment to myself to succeed in much more than that.