Work was cancelled again due to the weather.. 2 days off for the overnight team. Tonight was a disaster. It was just one thing after another. The truck was really heavy today. So many boxes of heavy electronics. I swear that Kodak is the devil.
Someone gave me a broken pallete so one of my sections was a mess to organize. Thankfully I just unload it and put it there. I did the best that I could with what they gave me.
I was thinking about something personal and got a little down about it. I tried to push it off of my mind, then I got assigned to a department dealing with it. Awesome.
I did the front gum again and looked at the clock.. it should have been about time to go home. Oh no.. I got assigned to another department that I didn’t know. The guys were alright I suppose.. but I don’t know what’s the problem with some of the people there. Many of them have been there for years and seem shocked that little me is working at that hour. My friend David works overnights at his job so thankfully he keeps me entertained. I don’t know what I’d do without him and my ipod.
The sun comes up and we’re still not done. I asked when we leave, and they told me “When it’s done.” Ok, fine. But when it was nearly done, they ditched me to clean up their crap. Babysitting never stops.
I went to clock out and again more… I can’t find my card to punch out. So I have to take care of it when I go back Friday night. My boss was too busy to take care of it today. I hit the bus to head home and stopped at the juicer. First time I’ve paid for a smoothie since I’ve worked there. But there was a girl there that I hadn’t met. She knew who I was. She said she was hoping to meet me and really wanted to work with me. I didn’t realize I was that popular. Considering she’d never seen me and I didn’t have a nametag on, it was very odd.. but flattering.
Home for about an hour now. I drank half my smoothie and am preparing for my errands… here’s what I have to do:
- shower again
- go to an interview for a possible 3rd job
- walgreens for some personal stuff
- the bank and deposit my checks
- post office to pick something up bc the dumbass postman didn’t knock on my door to get a certified signature (though he’s left other things requiring that at our doorstop before)
- RadioShack to return the phone charger I bought while I was out in Santa Ana after writing the rule not to forget it.
- Schedule a doctors appointment, or go out and try and get a walk-in one.
- clean the fridge
- scrub the floors
- put away all the clothes in my room (heh um and go through some of them)
- go through the rest of the stuff in the storage area in the apartment
- schedule a pickup from Goodwill
- call dad to ask about rent for the month
- depending on daddy’s answer, update my wordpress account & troll ebay for some odds and ends
- try and get a hold of Mike about possible cheap tickets to Chicago next month for my grandparents’ 60th wedding anniversary
- check and catch up on blogs, friendfeeds, tweets
- caffeine caffeine caffeine
Eesh. So much for a day off right?